The wooded splendor of Grand Teton National Park invites the visitor to experience it up close and personal by camping out at Colter Bay Campground. Enjoy all the amenities anytime from May to September, while taking full advantage of the surrounding vistas, wildlife and outdoor adventures.
Colter Bay is 25 miles north of Moose, close to Jackson Lake, off Highway 89.
GPS: 43.913522, -110.645349
All tent sites are first-come, first-served. They often don’t fill until the afternoon. Group sites do require advanced reservations. You can reserve an RV site as well.
- Open May 25 to October 1, 2017
- Check in time is 11:00 am. Check out is 10:00 am
- Fees: Campers with Vehicles are $26 per night, Hikers or Bicyclists are $12 per person per night
- # Of Sites: 350 individual campsites and 11 large group campsites
- Elevation: 6,794 feet
- Flush Toilet Facilities and Sinks
- Showers and Laundry at Colter Bay Village Launderette
- Generators permitted
- RV sites are available
- There is a dump station
Nearby Activities & Attractions
Colter Bay Village is a center for outdoor fun, with scenic lake cruises available, guided fishing trips and ranger talks. Additionally, within the village you will also find a visitor center and museum and a nice marina.
There are trails nearby for hiking, horseback riding and wildlife viewing. You can spot moose, mule deer (with their fawns in the spring) and elk. Fishing on Jackson Lake is a popular pastime, and you may just pull in your trophy catch.