Headwaters Campground at Flagg Ranch is in a lovely wooded setting surrounded by mountains. It is open from June through September and offers plenty of nearby outdoor recreation opportunities.
Headwaters Campground is located on the John D. Rockefeller, Jr. Memorial Parkway just south of Yellowstone and only five miles north of Grand Teton National Park.
GPS: 44.105821432461894, -110.67251443862915
You’ll need reservations for both the RV sites and tent sites. Call 307-543-3100 for reservations.
- Open from June 1 to October 1, 2017
- Check in time is 2:00 pm. Check out is 11:00 am
- Fees: $73 for RV Sites (1 or 2 adults – each additional adult is $5); $37.50 for tent sites (1 or 2 adults – each additional adult is $5)
- # Of Sites: 97 trailer, 34 tent, 40 Camper Cabin
- Elevation: 6,300 Feet
- Flush Toilet Facilities
- 24-hour Showers and Laundry on site
- RV sites available
- Dump station at each RV site
Nearby Activities & Attractions
Camping at Headwaters Campground offers you the best of all worlds, as you are within close reach of two of the most famous national parks in the U.S. – Yellowstone National Park and Grand Teton National Park. There is so much to do and see in both these parks that you could spend months taking it all in.
Near this spruce-fir forest campground, you’ll discover trails that lead to the Snake River, only 1/4 mile away. The river has good fishing. Hiking is a favorite here, as well as horseback riding into the backcountry.
You will also find a restaurant and gift shop and convenience store.