If you are looking for a camping experience above the ordinary, be sure to check out our list of 8 Top Camping places around Jackson Hole.
- Elk Island-this gorgeous spot is my favorite in Grand Teton National Park. This is the most primitive site on this list (bear box, fire pit) but WELL worth the effort it takes to get there and the lack of amenities. The drawback is you need a boat to get there, but for someone that has some experience with a canoe or lake kayak, rentals are available at Signal Mountain Lodge. You can reserve a spot on Elk Island (there are only 2 that I know of) at the Park Headquarters in Moose.
- East Table Campground-there are some picture perfect campsites 11 miles south of Hoback Junction, right along the Snake River. A boat launch is available here too. No reservations means these campsites go quickly, but if you are looking for a great spot next to the river, this is it. RV sites are available, as are restrooms.
- Atherton Creek Campground-on the banks of Slide Lake, these camp sites have RV hook ups and restrooms. Slide Lake is a popular geological attraction, the site of a massive mud slide that partially blocked the Gros Ventre river, and when the blockage collapsed 2 years later, all but destroyed nearby Kelly, WY in the 1920s. The Gros Ventre is great for fishing and Slide Lake great non motorized for recreation.
- Granite Creek Campground-located adjacent to Granite Hot Spring, this campground has RV sites and restrooms. Granite Hot Springs has been developed to have a swimming pool, and great trails offer access to other heated and non heated swimming holes.
- Curtis Canyon Campground-this is one of the closest campgrounds to the town of Jackson (7 miles down the Elk Refuge Road), but there aren't too many spots. The amenities aren't as nice as the other spots either, but if you want to camp close to town it is great
- Greys Cove-Only 36 miles from the Town of Jackson, this camp area is great if you want access to fishing and motorized boat activities. It is near Palisades Reservoir and has its own boat launch. It is also has internet access, is walking distance to dining, grocery shopping and a liquor store and has laundry facilities on site.
- Snake River Park KOA-Located in Hoback Junction, 13 miles from the Town of Jackson, this campground also had teepees, and small cabins available for rent.
- Teton Valley Campground-25 miles from Jackson in Victor, ID. A full service campground with heated pool, wifi, play area, basketball court, store and laundry facilities. Camping Cabins are also available.
Sometimes, camping a few nights then having a condo or hotel room with laundry facilities is a great idea, especially if you are traveling with kids. For post or pre camping lodging, contact an ALLTrips specialist!