- Golf is an activity that everyone can enjoy from beginner to expert, young and old alike.
- Both private and public golf courses can be found in the area of Jackson Hole.
- Due to harsh winter weather, the golf courses located on either side of the Teton Mountains are only open from late May to mid-October.
Golf is one of the few ball games that does not require a standardized playing area. Instead, the game is played on golf "courses", each of which features a unique design. some courses have nine holes while others have eighteen.
There is something spectacular about playing a round of golf in the shadow of the Grand Tetons. From beginner to expert, everyone, young and old alike, will enjoy this summer fun filled activity.
Where to go Golfing
Within Jackson Hole, three golf courses, semi-private Jackson Hole Golf and Tennis and Teton Pines Golf Course and Club and fully private 3 Creek Ranch, offer golfing facilities for members and guests.
Jackson Hole Golf and Tennis
- Location – North of the town of Jackson approximately seven miles on US-189/US-191/US-26/US-89. Turn onto Golf Course road and follow the signs.
- Course Description – Recently renovated 18-hole course, which includes a new practice facility and driving range. Over 7,412 yards with a par of 72. Club rentals and lessons are available
- Greens Fees -The Robert Trent Jones Jr. golf course at Jackson Hole Golf & Tennis Club is semi-private with limited access for guests. The course is Members only until 10am. Guests are allowed very limited access between 10am and 11:50 and availability is open after 12pm. Open from May through mid-October, greens fees range from $70 to $170 depending on the season and time of day.
Teton Pines Country Club
- Location – Six miles west of Jackson and just five miles south of Teton Village just west of WY-390.
- Course Description – Spectacular yet challenging 18-hole course designed by Arnold Palmer and Ed Seay. Club rentals and lessons are available.
- Greens Fees - The Teton Pines Country Club is open to the public. Greens fees range from $60.00 to $160.00 depending on the season and the time of day. Weather permitting this course if open from the end of May until mid-October.
3 Creek Ranch
- Location - The 3 Creek Ranch Golf Course and Club is located in Jackson Hole, Wyoming, 5 minutes from downtown Jackson on South Park Loop Road.
- Course Description - Designed by Rees Jones, the golf course features 72 par and 18 regulation holes on its challenging terrain.
- Greens Fees – The 3 Creek Ranch Golf Course and Club is for private use only of its members who are those who has ownership equity in the development.
Snake River Golf Course and Sporting Club
Please note that Snake River Golf Course and Sporting Club is closed until further notice. Just south of Jackson, Wyoming along the Snake River canyon, golfers will find the Snake River Golf Course and Sporting Club.
- Location - Snake River Golf Course and Sporting Club is located south of Jackson, Wyoming along the Snake River Canyon, south of Hoback Junction at 1 Johnny Counts Road.
- Course Description - The Snake River Golf Course and Sporting Club's regulation 18-hole course covers 7,533 well-maintained greens, constructed only 2 years ago and designed by Tom Weiskopf.
- Greens Fees – The Snake River Golf Course and Sporting Club is a private club and you can only play on this course if you are a member or are accompanying a member.
Headwaters Golf Club at Teton Springs
- Location – Travel over Teton Pass on WY-22 only 20 minutes west of iconic Jackson Hole, Wyoming. Four miles past the Wyoming/Idaho border, you can follow the signs to 10 Warm Creek Lane, Victor, Idaho.
- Course Description- Headwaters Golf Club has a top of the line 18-hole course as well as a 9-hole par 3 course, excellent for training, teaching, or simply a change of scenery.
- Greens Fees - The Headwaters Golf Course at Teton Springs Resort is open from 15 April to 15 October. Play is for members and guests of members.
Targhee Village Golf Course
- Location- From Jackson follow Highway 22 through Wilson and over Teton Pass to Highway 33, then turn East onto 200 South or Ski Hill Road and follow the signs.
- Course Description- Targhee Village is a nine-hole golf course nestled below the beautiful foothills of Targhee National Forest in secluded Teton Valley, Idaho.
- Greens Fees – Open to the public this scenic golf course has one of the most affordable greens fees in the area. Fees range from $17.00 to 25.00.
Huntsman Springs Golf Course
- Location - Huntsman Springs Golf Course is located in Driggs, Idaho in Teton Valley.
- Course Description - This state of the art private golf course was built by the same designer of Scotland's St. Andrew’s Golf Course. It has great views of the Tetons to the east and the Big Hole mountains to the west.
- Greens Fees – Huntsman Springs Golf Course is a private club and you can only play on this course if you are a member or are accompanying a member.
Shooting Star Golf Course
- Location - In Teton Village, Wyoming near Jackson Hole Mountain Resort.
- Course Description - A beautifully designed golf course that mimics the natural lands that surround it.
- Greens Fees – Shooting Star Golf Course is a private club and you can only play on this course if you are a member or are accompanying a member.
Rentals & Gear
Equipment rentals, lessons, and pro shops are also available at most of the courses and in shops in the nearby communities.