- Jackson Hole Airport (JAC) is located within Grand Teton National Park.
- Idaho Falls Airport (IDA) is located 90 miles/2 hours west of the park.
- Salt Lake City International Airport (SLC) is located 306 miles/5 hours south of the park.
Jackson Hole Airport
When you fly into the Jackson Hole Airport in Grand Teton National Park, you are in for an experience you’ll never forget, surrounded by the inspiring beauty of Grand Teton.
- Airport Code: JAC
- Location: Jackson Hole Airport is located within Grand Teton National Park, about 7 miles north of the center of Jackson, Wyoming.
American Airlines – connections to Chicago and Dallas/Fort Worth
Delta Air Lines – connections to Atlanta, Minneapolis/St. Paul and Salt Lake City
Delta Connection (SkyWest Airlines) – connections to Salt Lake City
Frontier Airlines – connections to Denver
United Airlines – connections to Chicago, Denver and Los Angeles
United Express – connections to Denver
(All but the Salt Lake City flights are seasonal.)
- Airport Services: Inside the airport you can get a meal at Jedadiah's Cafe (open from 6 am to 7 pm). The National Wildlife Art Museum Gift Shop offers a huge assortment of quality gift items. There is a soda machine located at the center entry doors to the terminal and an ATM machine is available. You’ll find WiFi Internet is available throughout the terminal.
- Getting To/From the Airport:
Rental Cars at the Airport: National, Alamo, Avis and Hertz.
Rental Cars off site: Dollar, Rent-a-Car and Thrifty.
Shuttles are convenient and you can get one for a rate to Jackson.
Taxi: There are numerous taxi companies operating in Jackson and you can get from the airport to Jackson.
Idaho Falls Regional Airport
Idaho Falls Regional Airport brings you into close proximity to some fabulous outdoor recreation, close to Grand Teton and with a number of convenient connections to U.S. cities.
- Airport Code: IDA
- Location: Idaho Falls Regional Airport is 2 miles west of the city’s center. The Grand Teton region, including Grand Teton National Park, lies directly to the east, a 1 hour and 41 minute drive (90.8 miles).
Delta Connections (SkyWest Airlines) – connections to Salt Lake City
Northwest Airlines – connections to Minneapolis/St. Paul
United Express – connections to Denver, non-stop to San Francisco
Allegiant Air - connections to Las Vegas
Horizon Air – connections to Boise and Bozeman
- Airport Services: A small airport, Idaho Falls Regional Airport still offers some basic American dishes at Kathryn’s Restaurant. It is traditionally open for meals from Monday through Saturday. If you don’t have time for a full meal, you can stop at Kathryn’s Snack Shack to find some food, beverage or interesting reading material. At Kathryn’s Lounge you can enjoy a drink before your flight.
- Getting To/From the Airport
Taxi and Uber
Hotel Shuttles: Of course, many of the hotels in town offer free shuttle services to and from their facility and are usually located outside of the airport baggage claim.
Rental Cars: It is usually cost-effective to rent a car (especially if you plan to travel to Grand Teton National Park and Jackson, Wyoming), and you can do this right at the airport with the car rental representatives. The rental car providers are Avis, Hertz, National, Thrifty and Budget Car Rentals.
Public Transportation: There is no public transportation system in Idaho Falls.
Salt Lake City International Airport
The Salt Lake City International Airport is located roughly 5 hours south of Grand Teton National Park, and serves less expensive flights from a number of domestic and international airports.
- Airport Code: SLC
- Location: Salt Lake City Airport is located about 4 miles west of downtown Salt Lake. The airport is 306 miles south of Jackson, WY (or a beautiful 5 hour drive).
Salt Lake City International is a major hub for Delta Airlines with extensive connections and has an International terminal for overseas flights. The other carriers include the following:
American Airlines – connections to Chicago, Dallas/Fort Worth, Las Vegas, Phoenix, Cedar City, Moab, and Vernal
Continental Airlines – connections to Houston and Newark
Continental Express (ExpressJet Airlines) – connections to Houston
Frontier Airlines – connections to Cancún and Denver
JetBlue Airways – connections to Long Beach and New York
Northwest Airlines – connections to Detroit and Minneapolis/St. Paul
Southwest Airlines – connections to Albuquerque, Baltimore/Washington, Boise, Chicago, Denver, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Oakland, Phoenix, Portland (OR), Reno/Tahoe, St. Louis, Seattle/Tacoma and Spokane
United Airlines – connections to Chicago, Denver and San Francisco
United Express (SkyWest) – connections to Denver, Los Angeles and San Francisco
- Airport Services: Salt Lake City International Airport is a very large airport and offers many award-winning retail stores and shopping options. Extensive selections of apparel, gifts and other unique items are available along with a wide array of reading material. Dining is always a pleasure at Salt Lake City International Airport, with delis, bakeries, popular fast food restaurants as well as pizza places, grills and more.
- Getting To/From the Airport
Rental Cars: Advantage, Alamo, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise, Fox, Hertz, National, Thrifty
Taxi: There are taxi service booths outside of door 7 in Terminal One and door 11 in Terminal Two. Trips from the airport to downtown Salt Lake City range in cost from $20 to $25 for one or two people.
Shuttles: Shuttle companies are on site at the baggage claim area.
Public Transportation: The Utah Transit Authority (UTA) bus leaves the airport for the center of the city every 30 minutes during the day and every hour after 7 pm.